Selected Publications in Metric-space Data Management
- Guoliang Chen, Rui Mao*, Kezhong Lu, A parallel computing framework for big data. Frontiers of Computer Science, 2017, 11(4): 608-621.
- Guoliang Chen, Rui Mao, Kezhong Lu, Hao Liao, Mingyang Zhou, Gang Liu, and Lian Li. Theoretical foundations of big data computing – parallel and interactive computing. Higher Education Press, 2017.10
- Rui Mao, Peihan Zhang, Xingliang Li, Xi Liu, Minhua Lu. Pivot selection for metric-space indexing, International Journal of Machine Learning and Cybernetics, 2016, 7 (2): 311-323.
- Guolilang Chen, Rui Mao* and Kezhong Lu. Parallel computing framework for big data. Chinese science bulletin, 2015, 60(5/6): 566-569. (Cover story)
- Rui Mao, Honglong Xu, Wenbo Wu, Jianqiang Li, Yan Li, and Minhua Lu. Overcoming the Challenge of Variety: Big Data Abstraction, the Next Evolution of Data Management for AAL Communication Systems. IEEE Communications Magazine, 2015, 53 (1), 42-47.
- Rui Mao, Sheng Liu, Honglong Xu, Dian Zhang and Daniel P. Miranker, On Data Partitioning in Tree Structure Metric-Space Indexes, in the Proceedings of The 19th International Conference on Database Systems for Advanced Applications (DASFAA2014), pages 141-155, April 21-24, 2014, Bali, Indonesia.
- Rui Mao, Willard L. Miranker and Daniel P. Miranker, Pivot Selection: Dimension Reduction for Distance-Based Indexing, Journal of Discrete Algorithms, Elsevier, Volume 13, May 2012, Pages 32-46.
- Rui Mao, Willard L. Miranker and Daniel P. Miranker, Dimension Reduction for Distance-Based Indexing, in the Proceedings of the Third International Conference on SImilarity Search and APplications (SISAP2010), pages 25-32, Istanbul, Turkey, September 18 – 19, 2010. (Best paper)
- Rui Mao, Weijia Xu, Neha Singh and Daniel P. Miranker. An Assessment of a Metric Space Database Index to Support Sequence Homology. In the Proceedings of the 3rd IEEE International Symposium on BioInformatics and BioEngineering (BIBE2003), pages 375-382, March 10-12, 2003, Bethesda, MD, USA. (Best paper)
- 2016 Second Level Military Science and Technology Award.
- 2014 Second Level Science and Technology Award by the Ministry of Education: Personal high performance computer systems based on Loongson CPU.
- High-Level Professional in Shenzhen (Local-Level Talent), 2019-2023
- Overseas High-Caliber Personnel in Shenzhen (Level C), 2015-2020
Academic Services (selected)
- Distinguished Member, China Computer Federation
- Executive Member, Task Force on Big Data, China Computer Federation
- Executive Member, Technical Committee on Database, China Computer Federation
- Executive Member, Technical Committee on Theoretical Computer Science, China Computer Federation
- Member, Technical Committee on High Performance Computing, China Computer Federation
- Chair(2016-2017), CCF YOCSEF (Young Computer Scientists & Engineers Forum, China Computer Federation) Shenzhen
- Chair, Technical Committee on Cloud Computing, Guangdong Computer Federation
- Member, Academic Committee of the Sichuan Key Laboratory of Network and Data Security
- Program Committee Vice Co-Chair, The 5th CCF BIG DATA Conference (CCF BigData 2017)
- Program Committee Co-Chair, The 33rd National Database Conference of China (NDBC2016)
- Co-Chair, Steering Committee of the 7th International Symposium on Parallel Architectures, Algorithms and Programming (PAAP 2015)
- Conference Program Committee: VLDB2019, AAAI2019, ICDE2019, ICDE2018, ……
Research Projects (selected)
- PI: “Big data genhierarchy and its effectiveness”, National Key R&D Program of China:2018YFB1003201, 06/2018 ~ 05/2021
- Co-PI: “A parallel processing system for in-memory computing”, China 863 project: 2015AA015305, 01/2015 ~ 12/2017
- Co-PI: “Research and development of high productivity computing applicational software framework”, China 863 project: 2012AA01A309, 01/2012 ~ 12/2015
- PI: “Metric space indexing based on the pivot space model”, NSF-China: 61170076, 01/2012 ~ 12/2015