Dr. Jianbin Qin is currently an Associate Professor at Shenzhen University, he is also a Research Scientist at the Shenzhen Institute of Computing Sciences. He worked as a research fellow in the Database Group at LFCS, School of Informatics, the University of Edinburgh, where he works with Prof. Wenfei Fan. He received his Ph.D. from University of New South Wales, under the guidance of Prof. Wei Wang.
- Similarity Query Processing
- Query Autocompletion.
- Database system.
- Database + AI.
- Jianbin Qin, Wei Wang, Chuan Xiao, Ying Zhang: Similarity Query Processing for High-Dimensional Data. Conference VLDB Tutorial, 2020
- Xiaoling Zhou, Yukai Miao, Wei Wang and Jianbin Qin：A Recurrent Model for Collective Entity Linking with Adaptive Features. AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence（AAAI 2020）,Feb 7-12, 2020, New York, USA
- Yaoshu Wang, Chuan Xiao, Jianbin Qin, Xin Cao, Yifang Sun, Wei Wang, Makoto Onizuka： Monotonic Cardinality Estimation of Similarity Selection: A Deep Learning Approach. ACM Conference on Management of Data（SIGMOD 2020）, June 14-19, 2020, Portland Oregon, USA
- Jianbin Qin, Chuan Xiao, Sheng Hu, Jie Zhang, Wei Wang, Yoshiharu Ishikawa, Koji Tsuda, Kunihiko Sadakane：Efficient Query Autocompletion with Edit Distance-based Error Tolerance. VLDB Journal(VLDBJ)
- Sheng Hu, Chuan Xiao, Jianbin Qin, Yoshiharu Ishikawa, Qiang Ma：Autocompletion for Prefix-Abbreviated Input. ACM Conference on Management of Data（SIGMOD 2019), June 30 – July 5, 2019, Amsterdam, The Netherlands：211-228
- Jianbin Qin, Chuan Xiao, Yaoshu Wang, Wei Wang, Xuemin Lin, Yoshiharu Ishikawa, and Guoren Wang: Generalizing the Pigeonhole Principle for Similarity Search in Hamming Space. Journal TKDE, 2019
- Jianbin Qin, Chuan Xiao: Pigeonring: A Principle for Faster Thresholded Similarity Search. Conference PVLDB, 2018
- Jianbin Qin,Yaoshu Wang, Chuan Xiao, Wei Wang, Xuemin Lin, Yoshiharu Ishikawa: GPH: Similarity Search in Hamming Space. Conference ICDE, 2018
- Yaoshu Wang, Jianbin Qin, Wei Wang: Efficient Approximate Entity Matching Using Jaro-Winkler Distance. Conference WISE, 2017
- Yukai Miao, Jianbin Qin, Wei Wang: Graph Summarization for Entity Relatedness Visualization. Conference SIGIR, 2017
- Wei Song, Jianbin Qin, Muhammad Aamir Cheema, Wei Wang: Pre-computed Region Guardian Sets Based Reverse kNN Queries. Journel DSE, 2017
- Xiaoling Zhou, Jianbin Qin, Chuan Xiao, Wei Wang, Xuemin Lin, Yoshiharu Ishikawa: BEVA: An Efficient Query Processing Algorithm for Error-Tolerant Autocompletion. Journel TODS, 2016
- Pei Wang, Chuan Xiao, Jianbin Qin, Wei Wang, Xiaoyang Zhang, Yoshiharu Ishikawa. Local Similarity Search for Unstructured Text. Conference SIGMOD, 2016
- Wei Song, Jianbin Qin, Wei Wang, Muhammad Aamir Cheema: Pre-computed Region Guardian Sets Based Reverse kNN Queries. Conference DASFAA, 2016
- Chen Chen, Jianbin Qin, Wei Wang: On Gapped Set Intersection Size Estimation. Conference CIKM, 2015
- Yifang Sun, Wei Wang, Jianbin Qin, Ying Zhang, Xuemin Lin: SRS: Solving c-Approximate Nearest Neighbor Queries in High Dimensional Euclidean Space with a Tiny Index. Conference PVLDB, 2014
- Chuan Xiao, Jianbin Qin, Wei Wang, Yoshiharu Ishikawa, Koji Tsuda, Kunihiko Sadakane: Efficient Error-tolerant Query Autocompletion. Conference PVLDB, 2013
- Jianbin Qin, Wei Wang, Chuan Xiao, Yifei Lu, Xuemin Lin, Haixun Wang: Asymmetric signature schemes for efficient exact edit similarity query processing. Journel TODS, 2013
- Xiaoyang Zhang, Jianbin Qin, Wei Wang, Yifang Sun, Jiaheng Lu: HmSearch: an efficient hamming distance query processing algorithm. Conference SSDBM, 2013
- Yifang Sun, Jianbin Qin, Wei Wang: Near Duplicate Text Detection Using Frequency-Biased Signatures. Conference WISE, 2013
- Jianbin Qin, Xiaoling Zhou, Wei Wang, Chuan Xiao: Trie-based similarity search and join. Conference EDBT/ICDT Workshops, 2013
- Jianbin Qin, Chuan Xiao, Wei Wang, Xuemin Lin: A Space-Efficient Indexing Algorithm for Boolean Query Processing. Conference WISE, 2012
- Wei Wang, Jianbin Qin, Chuan Xiao, Xuemin Lin, Heng Tao Shen: VChunkJoin: An Efficient Algorithm for Edit Similarity Joins. Journel TKDE, 2012
- Jianbin Qin, Wei Wang, Yifei Lu, Chuan Xiao, Xuemin Lin: Efficient exact edit similarity query processing with the asymmetric signature scheme: Conference SIGMOD, 2011
- 2016 DASFAA Best Student Paper Award.
- 2012 UNSW Faculty Early Career Research Grant Award.
- 2012 CiSRA Best Research Paper Award.
- 2008 Baidu Best Employee Award.
- 2005 ACM/ICPC Asia Regional (Bronze Medal).
- 2004 Undergraduate Excellence Award, Northeast University, China.
- 2003 Undergraduate Excellence Award, Northeast University, China.
RML (Logic Rules and Machine Learning) is a system that mainly builds a data availability cloud platform. Under the guidance of the self-developed data quality foundational theory, RML uses the combination of rules and AI under a unified logic framework to solve data consistency, timeliness, and the same problem of accuracy, completeness, and substance. The system is oriented to centralized/distributed data, relational/graph data to create a one-stop solution for data and knowledge collection, quality evaluation, data analysis, data error checking, entity recognition, data repair, and data fusion. RML takes advantage of China’s data scale to form a positive cycle of two-way interaction between data and the platform and accelerate the high-quality conversion of data to digital intelligence. It promotes the high-quality application of data production factors in various industries, consolidates the digital economy’s infrastructure, and leads the development of global data availability.